Dratel & Lewis provides experienced and diverse representation in civil litigation in the state and federal courts.
The firm’s notable achievements in the civil cases include:
- “Bank” v. “Webber” – Obtained Second Circuit reversal of $100 million judgment in complex RICO bank fraud case;
- “Smith” v. “LRA” – Obtained dismissal in federal district court of lawsuit alleging a charitable foundation’s assistance to a foreign terrorist organization via purported funneling of donations;
- “Jones” v. “MD Bank” – Obtained dismissal in federal district court of lawsuit alleging a Middle Eastern bank was providing material support to terrorists via purported complicity in financial transactions through the bank;
- In re “Michael Harris” – Secured dismissal of paternity suit filed against celebrity client in New York Family Court;
- “Doe” v. “Salim” – Obtained dismissal of lawsuit filed in U.S. federal district court against Saudi national accused of complicity in terrorist attacks; and
- “Williams” v. “Simpson” – Brought a class action suit in federal court against the New York State Department of Corrections for illegally imposing post-release supervision on hundreds of prisoners.