Dratel & Lewis provides comprehensive representation, and has extensive experience in, all manner and phases of New York State criminal matters.
The firm’s notable achievements in New York State criminal representation include:
- People v. “Mason” – Secured dismissal of charges, including under New York’s Organized Crime Control Act, in major asbestos removal fraud prosecution;
- People v. “Rhodes Contracting” – Successfully represented major New York construction company in negotiating non-prosecution agreement in New York County investigation of failure to pay employees prevailing wage on public construction project;
- Investigation of “Douglas Marvin” – Successfully represented an executive who was subject of New York County investigation into failure to pay prevailing wages on public construction project, resulting in no prosecution;
- People v. “Washington” – Obtained acquittal in A-1 cocaine distribution case in New York County involving allegations that the client distributed more than 50 kilograms of cocaine;
- People v. “Elkins” – Obtained dismissal for real estate executive charged with bank fraud stemming from his alleged involvement in a “Nigerian letter fraud” scam; and
- People v. “Leo” – Successfully achieved a Level One designation – the lowest classification – for a defendant at a hearing pursuant to New York State’s Sex Offender Registration Act despite the prosecution’s initial request for a Level Three designation.